Source: Modified from a recipe at futureexpat.com
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
This delicious and versatile dish can be used as a main course or side dish for any meal of the day!View Nutrition Facts
- 2 cups eggplant, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté eggplant and onion in olive oil until soft.
- Remove pan from heat, and mix in milk and cheese.
- Add remainder of ingredients and combine well.
- Spray your casserole dish with cooking spray and add the eggplant mixture. Bake until golden and bubbly, approximately 45 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley, optional.
This recipe travels well for potluck dinners. Just pull it out of the oven right before you leave.
More About Eggplant
How to Select
Choose eggplants that are heavy for their size and without cracks or discolorations.
How to Store
Store eggplants in the refrigerator crisper drawer or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Use within 5-7 days. Freeze: Cook sliced eggplant, cool, and freeze in plastic bags. Prepare cooked eggplant dishes and freeze in containers.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim off any bruised spots. Cut off top stem and leaves. Peel if desired. Slice or dice. Microwave cubes in water, stab holes with fork and bake whole. Stuff and bake, roast, fry coated in breadcrumbs, grill brushed with olive oil. Add to sauces and soups, stir-fry or roast with other vegetables, or add to pasta and rice dishes and casseroles.
You Might Also Like
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Winter squash brings great flavor to this healthier version of homemade mac and cheese!
Roasted Fish Crispy Slaw Wrap
A combination of fresh vegetables and fish is a perfect, tasty wrap for lunch!