- 2 eggplants (peeled and cubed)
- 1 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 2 onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing (low fat)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
1. Place eggplant, zucchini, green bell pepper, onions and salad dressing into a skillet.
2. Stir lightly to combine and cook over low heat until tender.
More About Eggplant
How to Select
Choose eggplants that are heavy for their size and without cracks or discolorations.
How to Store
Store eggplants in the refrigerator crisper drawer or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Use within 5-7 days. Freeze: Cook sliced eggplant, cool, and freeze in plastic bags. Prepare cooked eggplant dishes and freeze in containers.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim off any bruised spots. Cut off top stem and leaves. Peel if desired. Slice or dice. Microwave cubes in water, stab holes with fork and bake whole. Stuff and bake, roast, fry coated in breadcrumbs, grill brushed with olive oil. Add to sauces and soups, stir-fry or roast with other vegetables, or add to pasta and rice dishes and casseroles.
You Might Also Like
This is the traditional take on this Middle Eastern dish--it's loaded with nutrients such as protein, fiber, iron, and magnesium, and is a delicious snack served with sliced vegetables or whole wheat pita.
This Southern inspired dish is traditionally eaten at New Years and thought to bring a year of prosperity and good luck. This Hoppin' John recipe is not only lucky, but also nutritious and tasty any day of the year!