Easy Eggplant Stir Fry
Source: What's Cooking? from USDA
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Servings per recipe: 4
This skillet stir fry makes for a delicious one dish family meal!View Nutrition Facts
- 2 eggplants (peeled and cubed)
- 1 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 2 onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing (low fat)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
1. Place eggplant, zucchini, green bell pepper, onions and salad dressing into a skillet.
2. Stir lightly to combine and cook over low heat until tender.
More About Eggplant
How to Select
Choose eggplants that are heavy for their size and without cracks or discolorations.
How to Store
Store eggplants in the refrigerator crisper drawer or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Use within 5-7 days. Freeze: Cook sliced eggplant, cool, and freeze in plastic bags. Prepare cooked eggplant dishes and freeze in containers.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim off any bruised spots. Cut off top stem and leaves. Peel if desired. Slice or dice. Microwave cubes in water, stab holes with fork and bake whole. Stuff and bake, roast, fry coated in breadcrumbs, grill brushed with olive oil. Add to sauces and soups, stir-fry or roast with other vegetables, or add to pasta and rice dishes and casseroles.
You Might Also Like
Winter Squash and Black Bean Chili
This is a delicious healthy and hearty low cost chili. It will warm you up on a cool fall evening!