- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups corn (frozen or canned and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 10 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil or spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
3. Mix beans, salsa, corn, and half of the cheese together in a bowl.
4. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture onto each tortilla.
5. Roll the tortilla and place seam-side down in baking dish.
6. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until hot.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This dish can be prepared in a microwave safe dish. Prepare as above and cook on HIGH in the microwave for 7-10 minutes or until steaming hot. Covering the dish will reduce spattering.
Substitute pinto beans or kidney beans for the black beans.
More About Black Beans
How to Select
Select dried beans that are dry, firm, clean, uniform in color, and not shriveled.
How to Store
Store dried beans at room temperature, in a closed container to protect from moisture and pests.
How to Prepare
Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked. Cover the beans in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off the heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. Drain water and rinse with fresh water. To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
You Might Also Like
Full of calcium and bananas, these parfaits are healthy enough for breakfast and yummy enough for dessert.