- 3/4 cup onion (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cans low-sodium peas (about 15 ounces each)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup reduced fat, low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (if you like)
- A dash of pepper (dash=1/16 of a teaspoon)
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in margarine until soft.
- Place cooked onion & garlic in a blender with other ingredients. Cover and blend until smooth. The blending will need to be done in 2 batches.
- Pour blended ingredients into saucepan and simmer 15 minutes. Do not boil. May be served hot or cold.
Make this soup chunky style by not blending the soup, or just blending half of the ingredients.
More About Green Peas
How to Select
Select brightly colored pea pods that are firm, medium in size and have no signs of decay.
How to Store
Refrigerate peas for no longer than 3 to 5 days depending on their appearance in that time.
How to Prepare
Peas can be eaten raw with or without the pod, they can be steamed or boiled and added to countless dishes as a side or an additive.
You Might Also Like
Farmers Market Salsa
Make this fresh salsa as spicy as you like! The black beans make for a filling side dish!
Try this refreshing salsa as a side or a topping. It has the perfect balance of spicy and sweet!