- 2 cans (15 ounce) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the chickpeas with the spices.
- Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour chickpeas onto baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Spray tops of beans once more.
- Place pan on the lowest rack in the oven. Cook 30-40 minutes. Gently shake and rotate pan every 10-15 minutes to make sure nothing burns. Beans are done when crispy and brown. Let cool before serving.
Eat these tasty chickpeas as a snack, or use as a topping on salad.
Try changing up this recipe using different spices for a new flavor! Try chili powder & cumin, or curry powder, or Italian spice mix.
More About Garbanzo Beans, Also Known As Chickpeas
How to Select
Garbanzo beans are primarily purchased in their dried or canned forms.
How to Store
Dried garbanzo beans last for more than a year. For canned beans, use the "sell by date" on the can as your guide. Once canned garbanzos are opened, or dried garbanzos are cooked, keep them refrigerated and use within 3 to 4 days.
How to Prepare
Fresh or canned garbanzo beans can be prepared by baking, boiling, sauteing, frying, simmering in a sauce, grinding them to make falafel, or mashing them to make hummus. Dried garbanzo beans need to be cooked first. Soak dried beans in water overnight, then boil for about 2 hours, until beans are soft.
You Might Also Like
Berry Frozen Yogurt
Naturally sweet and refreshing, this simple frozen yogurt is a perfect healthy treat for a hot summer day.