- 2 apples
- 2 bananas
- 2 oranges
- 1 small can of pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 8-ounce carton of non-fat vanilla yogurt
1. Wash apples, remove cores, and chop them into pieces.
2. Peel and slice bananas.
3. Peel and chop oranges into pieces.
4. Drain pineapple in colander. Save juice in small bowl.
5. Measure 2 tablespoons of saved pineapple juice and stir into yogurt.
6. Mix apples, bananas, oranges, and pineapple together in large bowl. Stir in the yogurt and pineapple juice mixture. Mix well.
Try different combinations of fresh or canned fruit.
Substitute lemon yogurt for vanilla yogurt.
More About Apples
How to Select
Select apples that are firm, smooth without major bruises, shiny and smell fresh.
How to Store
Apples can be stored in a plastic bag in a refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
How to Prepare
Apples are most commonly eaten raw either whole or sliced. they can also be cooked into recipes or mashed into apple sauce.
You Might Also Like
Adding a sweeter veggie like carrots to pancake batter is a great way to add more nutrients, fiber, and energy to a breakfast!
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
This tangy Mexican salsa features roasted tomatillos, jalapeño peppers and fresh herbs. Serve with baked tortilla chips and vegetable sticks or try this as a dressing on your salad!