Crunchy Kale Chips
Serving size: 1⁄2 cup (92g)
Servings per recipe: 6 servings
Satisfy your craving for a crunchy snack with these healthy crunchy kale chips.View Nutrition Facts
- 1 bunch fresh kale (about 8 cups, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oi
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wash kale leaves.
3. Cut leaves off of thick stem and thoroughly dry leaves in a salad spinner or by blotting with paper towels, discard them.
4. Tear or cut leaves into bit size pieces. Place in large bowl.
5. Drizzle oil over kale and toss to coat well.
6. Place kale leaves onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
8. Bake until edges brown, about 10-15 minutes. Serve while hot.
More About Kale
How to Select
Choose dark colored kale bunches with small to medium leaves. Avoid brown or yellow leaves.
How to Store
Store kale in a plastic bag in the coldest part of the fridge for 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Rinse thoroughly and remove leaves from stalk. Chop in salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave or boil, sauté, stir-fry or braise in flavored broth. Add to soups for last few minutes of cooking. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice as a side dish.