Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Source: USDA Mixing Bowl
Serving size: 1 muffin, makes 12 muffins or about 35 mini-muffins
Not your average muffin, these treats are loaded with pumpkin and cranberries.View Nutrition Facts
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon allspice
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 egg, large (large)
3/4 cup pumpkin (canned)
2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sift together dry ingredients (flour through allspice) and set aside.
3. Beat oil, eggs, and pumpkin together until well blended.
4. Add the wet ingredients (pumpkin mixture) to the dry ingredients all at once. Stir until moistened.
5. Fold in chopped cranberries.
6. Spoon into paper lined muffin cups.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 30 minutes.
Swap regular flour for whole-wheat flour to increase your daily intake of whole grains!
You Might Also Like
Oatmeal, carrots, and raisins are full of fiber and natural sweetness. They fill you up and get you ready for the day. These muffins also freeze well so you can make them ahead and take them out as you need them!