4 cups fresh collard greens
- Wash all produce before beginning.
- Trim stems and discard unwanted stems.
- Cut collard greens into 1" strips
- Cut pepper into pieces about 1/2" sized pieces
- Slice onions into thin slices, ready to sautee.
- Place sliced onions into pot on medium-high heat. Add salt and oil and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add red bell peppers and collard greens to pot
- Add water a bit at a time until all greens are covered
- Cook until tender (about 20 minutes)
More About Collard Greens
How to Select
Choose bunches with crisp, dark green leaves and no yellowing.
How to Store
Refrigerate up to 5 days in a plastic bag. To freeze, steam greens, chop into pieces, and freeze in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Separate leaves and rinse. Dry in salad spinner or between towels. Cut leaves in strips. Steam, sauté, stir-fry, or simmer. Simmer with chopped onions, garlic and lemon juice, until leaves are tender. Add to soups and curry dishes.
You Might Also Like
Try this refreshing salsa as a side or a topping. It has the perfect balance of spicy and sweet!