Cobb Salad with Pears
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
Sweet and savory, this Cobb Salad is sure to delight with the addition of canned pears, carrots, and Parmesan cheese.View Nutrition Facts
For the Salad:
- 2 canned pear halves, cut into wedges
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups carrots, grated
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup pear juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash salt and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- For the
dressing, add pear juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt and pepper and
olive oil in a small bowl, and mix with a fork.
- Put mixed
greens in large mixing bowl, drizzle dressing over greens and toss greens gently to mix.
- Add pear wedges, chopped walnuts, and grated carrots and toss lightly.
- Portion out 1 cup of salad and top with 1/2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.
More About Leaf Lettuce
How to Select
Choose lettuce with crisp leaves. Avoid brown edges.
How to Store
After purchase, rinse well and dry with paper towels. Refrigerate leaf lettuce in plastic bag up to 1 week.
How to Prepare
Enjoy on its own as a part of salads or even cooked.
You Might Also Like
Garden Vegetable Cakes
These mouth-watering patties packed full of vegetables take the cake in terms of flavor and color over other burgers!