- 1 cantaloupe (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1. Wash hands with soap and warm water.
2. Place cantaloupe and 1/2 cup orange juice in a container of a blender or food processor.
3. Cover with lid and blend until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
4. Stir in lime juice, cinnamon, and remaining orange juice.
5. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
6. Serve chilled.
Try adding 1 cup of plain or vanilla low fat yogurt to make a creamier soup.
More About Cantaloupe
How to Select
Choose fragrant, symmetrical cantaloupes, heavy for size with no visible bruises and yellow or cream undertone. Stem end should give to gentle pressure.
How to Store
Store uncut cantaloupes at room temperature for up to 1 week. Refrigerate cut melon in airtight container up to 5 days.
How to Prepare
Make sure to wash the cantaloupe before cutting. Gently scoop out seeds with a spoon and cut the fruit into wedges or use a melon baller.
You Might Also Like
Arroz Con Pollo
"I made this one night after work, the rice was the most flavorful rice I have ever had. My family ate it up. I will make this again."
Greens with Carrots Julienne
Try the sweet taste of carrots contrasted with kale in a yummy soy sauce marinade!