Chicken Cabbage Stir-Fry
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
Make your meal more creative with a quick and warm dish of chicken cabbage stir-fryView Nutrition Facts
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Add chicken strips and stir fry, turning constantly until done.
- Add cabbage and sauté 2 minutes until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch and seasonings; add water and soy sauce, and mix until smooth.
- Stir sauce into chicken/cabbage mixture.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Add bell peppers or carrots to stir fry for color.
Try stir fry with broccoli.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.
You Might Also Like
White Chicken Chili
This recipe will be a hit with your family; it's got enough spice for flavor, but not so much that it turns off the younger kids.