Chicken and Broccoli in Lemon Sauce
Source: Food and Nutrition Education in Communitites-Cornell
Serving size: 1 portion (278 gm)
Servings per recipe: 6
A healthy version of the popular take out dish.View Nutrition Facts
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut in bite size pieces (1 1/3 pounds)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound pasta, any shape
- black pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta and drain, reserving cup of the pasta water.
2. In frying pan, saute garlic in oil on low flame.
3. Add sliced chicken and saute about 10 minutes.
4. Add broccoli and saute 5 additional minutes.
5. Add reserved pasta water and lemon juice and heat through.
6. Toss cooked chicken and broccoli mixture with pasta.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, blueish green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauteed, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli in a stir-fry, add it to salads, throw it on pizzas or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!