Cherry Pineapple Delight
Source: What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 12
This dish will for sure make your kids in love with fruits!View Nutrition Facts
- 2 cups water (boiling)
- 1 package gelatin (8 serving size, cherry, sugar-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can pineapple chunks (20 oz., in juice, not drained)
- 1 can mandarin orange (22 oz., in juice, drained)
- 16 ice cubes (large)
1. Pour boiling water into a large bowl. Add the gelatin and cinnamon to boiling water. Stir for at least 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Add enough ice (or cold water) to the juice to measure 1 1/2 cups. Add the gelatin mixture and stir until the ice is completely melted.
3. Refrigerate for about 45 minutes or until the gelatin is slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg white).
4. Reserve 1/4 cup each of the pineapple and orange. Add remaining pineapple and oranges to the gelatin. Pour into 1 1/2 quart serving bowl.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with reserved pineapple and oranges.
How to Select
How to Store
How to Prepare
You Might Also Like
Berry Frozen Yogurt
Naturally sweet and refreshing, this simple frozen yogurt is a perfect healthy treat for a hot summer day.
Tangy and aromatic, celeriac (or celery root) has long been a staple in French cooking. Here, it's combined with parsnips and potatoes for a lovely side dish.