Carrot and Peach Smoothies
Source: Modified from a Food Hero recipe
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 3
This delicious smoothie is a great way to start the day!View Nutrition Facts
1 medium banana, peeled fresh or frozen
1 cup frozen carrots
1 can (15 oz.) peaches in juice, undrained
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor including the juice from the canned peaches.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours.
- Juice can be replaced with 1 cup of ice.
- Canned carrots work too! Drain them before adding.
- Try using fresh carrots but cook them first.
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Carrots can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand and stored in a cold root cellar at 32-40 degrees.
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops & bottoms. Add to salads, have as a snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed, microwaved, or boiled until tender.
You Might Also Like
Spring Green Salad
Brighten up your salad with spinach and strawberries straight from the Farmers Market or your garden!