Carrot and Peach Smoothies
Source: Modified from a Food Hero recipe
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 3View Nutrition Facts
1 medium banana, peeled fresh or frozen
1 cup frozen carrots
1 can (15 oz.) peaches in juice, undrained
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor including the juice from the canned peaches.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours.
- Juice can be replaced with 1 cup of ice.
- Canned carrots work too! Drain them before adding.
- Try using fresh carrots but cook them first.
More About Carrot
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand and stored in a cold root cellar at 32-40 degrees.
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops bottoms. Peel. Eat raw: Add to salads, have as a snack with dip. Eat cooked: Carrots can be steamed, microwaved, or boiled until tender.