Cabbage Stir Fry
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
This recipe is quick and easy to make, and is a good source of fiber and Vitamin C. Serve with brown rice.View Nutrition Facts
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 medium sweet green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Wash green peppers and cabbage before chopping.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions, peppers, cabbage, and garlic to skillet and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add soy sauce and stir until sauce boils.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.
You Might Also Like
Japanese Simmered Squash
This Japanese style sweet and savory dish will delight your taste buds! Acorn squash is a good source of vitamins A, C and potassium.