- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces) corn
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, reduced sodium
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1. Saute onion and zucchini in oil until soft.
2. Add refried beans and stir to break up beans.
3. Add tomatoes, corn, black beans and taco seasoning.
4. Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
The more veggies you add, the better! Use any fresh, frozen, or canned vegetables you have on hand. This soup freezes well.
More About Black Beans
How to Select
Select dried beans that are dry, firm, clean, uniform in color, and not shriveled.
How to Store
Store dried beans at room temperature, in a closed container to protect from moisture and pests.
How to Prepare
Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked. Cover the beans in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off the heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. Drain water and rinse with fresh water. To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
You Might Also Like
Try this twist on a Middle Eastern classic! Soft eggs nestled in a fragrant tomato sauce served over toasted bread - this versatile dish is perfect for any meal!
Peanut Butter Balls
Kids love these easy, fun and healthy snacks... and chickpeas play a starring role!