Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce
Source: What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
Serving size: 2 servings
An interesting take on the brussels sprouts!
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts (or broccoli, cabbage, kale, collards, or turnips)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard (spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1/2 cup mushroom (sliced)
1. Trim brussels sprouts and cut in half. Steam until tender - about 6 to 10 minutes, or microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. In a non-stick pot bring the broth to a boil.
3. Mix in the lemon juice, mustard, and thyme. Add the mushrooms.
4. Boil until the broth is reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the brussels sprouts (or other cooked vegetable).
6. Toss well to coat with the sauce.
How to Select
How to Store
How to Prepare
You Might Also Like
Squish Squash Lasagna
A delicious dish with layers of whole-wheat lasagna noodles, butternut squash, and spinach, all nestled under part-skim mozzarella cheese
Curried Black-eyed Peas
Black-eyed peas are a good source of protein and fiber. The curry adds delicious flavor to this vegan and gluten-free dish.