Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce
Source: What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
Serving size: 2 servings
An interesting take on the brussels sprouts!
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts (or broccoli, cabbage, kale, collards, or turnips)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard (spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1/2 cup mushroom (sliced)
1. Trim brussels sprouts and cut in half. Steam until tender - about 6 to 10 minutes, or microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. In a non-stick pot bring the broth to a boil.
3. Mix in the lemon juice, mustard, and thyme. Add the mushrooms.
4. Boil until the broth is reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the brussels sprouts (or other cooked vegetable).
6. Toss well to coat with the sauce.