Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce
Source: What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
Serving size: 2 servings
An interesting take on the brussels sprouts!
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts (or broccoli, cabbage, kale, collards, or turnips)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard (spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1/2 cup mushroom (sliced)
1. Trim brussels sprouts and cut in half. Steam until tender - about 6 to 10 minutes, or microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. In a non-stick pot bring the broth to a boil.
3. Mix in the lemon juice, mustard, and thyme. Add the mushrooms.
4. Boil until the broth is reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the brussels sprouts (or other cooked vegetable).
6. Toss well to coat with the sauce.
How to Select
How to Store
How to Prepare
You Might Also Like
Spinach and Meat Patties
Enjoy these spinach and meat cakes over brown rice, and with a side of roasted sweet potatoes.
Apple & Celery Harvest Salad
Celery adds a delightful crunch to this seasonal apple salad. It's low in calories and high in flavor!