1⁄3 cup dried bulgur
- Cover bulgur with boiling water and let stand until soft, about 30 minutes. Pour off any excess water.
- Rinse and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise then slice crosswise into thin strips.
- In a large bowl combine bulgur, Brussels sprout strips, cranberries and nuts.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine orange juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix or shake well. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Brussels Sprouts
How to Select
Choose firm, compact, bright green brussels sprouts heads. Buy on stalk when possible.
How to Store
Refrigerate brussels sprouts in a plastic bag with some air holes up to 1 week. Freeze: Blanch, cool, and freeze in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Cut round sprouts from stems. Trim off yellow outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Boil, microwave, or steam until tender. Bake, sauté, or braise. Add to soups, stews, and casseroles. Toss with pasta, garlic and oil. Good served with butter, salt and pepper, with grated cheese, or with lemon juice and almond slivers.
You Might Also Like
This traditional Louisiana Creole dish is nutritious and delicious! Spice it up by adding extra cayenne pepper!
Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Maple Syrup
This fun and sweet way to enjoy Brussels is sure to be a hit at your family's dinner table!