- 6 chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (1/2 small red onion)
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (optional)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 fat-free yogurt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Combine chopped broccoli, raisins, chopped onion, sunflower seeds and optional bacon bits in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try using less sugar, because the raisins are sweet enough.
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, bluish-green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauteed, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli in a stir-fry, add it to salads, throw it on pizzas or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!
You Might Also Like
This delicious and versatile dish can be used as a main course or side dish for any meal of the day!
Curried Black-eyed Peas
Black-eyed peas are a good source of protein and fiber. The curry adds delicious flavor to this vegan and gluten-free dish.