Broccoli Raisin Salad
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 9 servings
Servings per recipe: 2/3 cup
Sweet & savory; quick & easy!View Nutrition Facts
- 6 chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Combine chopped broccoli, raisins, chopped onion, sunflower seeds and bacon bits in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try using less sugar, because the raisins are sweet enough.
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, blueish green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauteed, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli in a stir-fry, add it to salads, throw it on pizzas or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!