Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry with Carrots
Source: Food and Nutrition Education in Communities, Cornell University
Serving size: 1 thigh and 1/2 cup of vegetables
Servings per recipe: 4
This easy, delicious recipe will have your family coming back for seconds!View Nutrition Facts
4 chicken thighs
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup carrots, fresh, frozen or canned
1 cup broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
1 clove garlic or 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey
- Remove skin and bone from chicken thighs. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, blend together soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Add chicken to soy mixture; set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice carrots. Wash broccoli and cut into bite-size pieces. Mince garlic.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir rapidly for about 5 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add carrots, broccoli, and garlic; continue stirring 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add honey; continue stirring 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Serve stir fry with brown rice or noodles.
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, bluish-green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauteed, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli in a stir-fry, add it to salads, throw it on pizzas or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!
You Might Also Like
Baked Mozzarella Sticks
This delicious finger food is popular for any age group. Use this recipe to prepare a healthier version that are baked and not fried!
Italian Roasted Snap Peas
This dish celebrates the flavor and crunch of snap peas with a tasty Italian zest.