Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry with Carrots
Source: Food and Nutrition Education in Communities, Cornell University
Serving size: 1 thigh and 1/2 cup of vegetables
Servings per recipe: 4
This easy, delicious recipe will have your family coming back for seconds!View Nutrition Facts
4 chicken thighs
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup carrots, fresh, frozen or canned
1 cup broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
1 clove garlic or 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey
- Remove skin and bone from chicken thighs. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, blend together soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Add chicken to soy mixture; set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice carrots. Wash broccoli and cut into bite-size pieces. Mince garlic.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir rapidly for about 5 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add carrots, broccoli, and garlic; continue stirring 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add honey; continue stirring 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Serve stir fry with brown rice or noodles.
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Carrots can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand and stored in a cold root cellar at 32-40 degrees.
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops & bottoms. Add to salads, have as a snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed, microwaved, roasted or boiled until tender.
You Might Also Like
Corn, Bell Pepper and Tomatillo Soup
This delicious and easy to make soup highlights the flavors of the southwest, and features the smoky flavor of roasted bell peppers.
Farmers Market Salsa
Make this fresh salsa as spicy as you like! The black beans make for a filling side dish!