- 4 egg (large)
- 1/8 cup corn (frozen)
- 1 tablespoon milk (1%)
- 2 tablespoons green pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup onion (minced)
- 1/16 cup tomatoes, fresh (1 Tablespoon, diced)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic (granulated)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1/4 cup salsa (canned)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend the eggs, corn, milk, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, mustard, garlic, hot pepper sauce, and salt for 1 minute until eggs are smooth.
2. Pour egg mixture into a lightly oiled 9x9x2 inch baking dish and cover with foil.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.
4. Wrap tortillas in plastic and microwave for 20 seconds until warm. Be careful when unwrapping the tortillas. The steam can be hot.
5. Cut baked egg mixture into 4 equal pieces and roll 1 piece of cooked egg in each tortilla.
6. Serve each burrito topped with 2 Tablespoons of salsa.
May use brown or Dijon mustard in place of yellow mustard.
May use fresh or minced garlic in place of granulated garlic.
More About Tomatoes
How to Select
Choose plump tomatoes with smooth skins that are free from bruises, cracks, or blemishes.
How to Store
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight. Use within 1 week after ripe. Tomatoes taste best if not refrigerated; refrigerate only if you can't use them before they spoil. Freeze or can for later use.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Chop or slice. Eat raw: Add to salads, sandwiches, and fresh sauces. Eat cooked: Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, roast, grill, braise, or simmer. Add to casseroles, soups, and stews. Chop, simmer and blend to make sauce for pizza, pasta, rice dishes, casseroles, salsa, and dips.
You Might Also Like
Instead of deep-fried, fast-food chicken nuggets try this baked version. Kids can't resist them!
Yummy Eggplant Lasagna Rolls
This low-carb version of lasagna is a great way to get some of your daily veggies in!