- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup canned fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
1. Mix eggs, milk and seasonings in a bowl.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
3. Stir in the eggs and cook until firm.
4. Warm the tortillas on a griddle, or wrap in foil and heat in the oven.
5. Warm the refried beans in a separate pan.
6. On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of refried beans, eggs, cheese, and tomato.
7. Roll the burrito, cut in half, and enjoy!
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try your favorite salsa in place of the tomato.
Use other vegetables that you have in the refrigerator, such as green or red bell peppers, or cooked corn.
Serve with guacamole or light sour cream.
More About Pinto Beans
How to Select
Choose dried beans or beans canned with less sodium. Select dried beans that are dry, firm, clean, uniform in color and not shriveled.
How to Store
Store dried beans at room temperature, in a closed container to protect from moisture and pests. Store canned beans at room temperature – use before date on can
How to Prepare
Bring the beans to a boil: Cover the beans with an inch of water. Bring them to a boil over medium-high heat. Check the beans after an hour: Cook the beans for one hour, and then begin checking for doneness. Depending on their age, size, and variety, beans can take anywhere from an hour to three hours to cook through