Bow Tie Pasta with Zucchini Sauce
Source: Cooking Matters
Serving size: 2/3 cup (95g)
Servings per recipe: 6 servings
Get the kids involved by helping grate the zucchini. They will love to help make a delicious meal for your family!View Nutrition Facts
- 2 cups whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 medium zucchini (10 ounces by weight, about 2/3 of a pound)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt Pinch ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Prepare zucchini sauce while pasta is cooks.
2. Peel and mince garlic.
3. Rinse and grate zucchini. Measure 2 cups grated zucchini.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add zucchini and minced garlic. Cook until mixture softens and zucchini yields some liquid, about 5 minutes.
5. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
6. Add 1-2 teaspoons cooking liquid to zucchini mixture. Add drained pasta. Stir, coating pasta evenly with sauce. Add more pasta water as needed.
7. Transfer pasta to large bowl for serving. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
More About Zucchini
How to Select
Look for zucchini with a slightly prickly, but shiny skin. The skin should be firm and free of cuts and bruises.
How to Store
Store zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Do not wash it until you are ready to use it. Cooked zucchini can be stored in the refrigerator as well, but should be used with in 2 days.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim tops and bottoms. Add to salads, or have as a snack with dip. Steam, microwave or boil until tender, bake, roast, stir-fry, or sauté. Add to pasta and rice dishes, soups and stews, and casseroles.