- 4 bell peppers
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Wash bell peppers and remove tops and seeds. Cut into 1/4 inch thick strips. Peel onion and slice into thin strips.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together vinegar, vegetable oi, salt and pepper. Add bell pepper and onion and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Bell Peppers
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin. Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days. To freeze, remove seeds, cut, and store in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauteed. Add them to pizzas, scrambled eggs or salads. Stuff and bake them for a delicious meal!
You Might Also Like
Squash, Pear and Ginger Soup
This delicious creamy soup will warm you up on a cold winter's evening!
Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
This dish is very flexible as you can use summer squash or winter squash depending on the season.