Bell Pepper Nachos
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 1 cup (141g)
Servings per recipe: 8 servings
Substitute the chips for the peppers!View Nutrition Facts
4 bell peppers
1 cup salsa
2 teaspoons seasoning (chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, back pepper)
2 cups cooked chicken, ground or shredded, or try beans or tofu instead
1 cup reduced or fat shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bit size pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine salsa, seasonings and chicken, beans or tofu. Spoon the mixture evenly over pepper pieces then top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Bell Peppers
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin. Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days. To freeze, remove seeds, cut, and store in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauteed. Add them to pizzas, scrambled eggs or salads. Stuff and bake them for a delicious meal!
You Might Also Like
This is the traditional take on this Middle Eastern dish--it's loaded with nutrients such as protein, fiber, iron, and magnesium, and is a delicious snack served with sliced vegetables or whole wheat pita.
Enjoy this healthy snack by dipping your favorite veggies or baked tortilla chips. And it takes only 20 minutes to prepare!