- In 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook ground beef until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- With slotted spoon, remove beef to bowl. In drippings remaining in saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic until tender-crisp.
- Add beef broth, carrots, green beans, stewed tomatoes, basil and ground beef; over high heat, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked egg noodles.
Adding additional vegetables, such as corn, can be really tasty!
More About Green Beans
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent. Avoid green beans that feel too soft. One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days. Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop, microwave them or add them directly to soups, stews, stir fries, and other recipes.
You Might Also Like
This recipe is an easy and delicious way to make half your plate fruits and vegetables!