- In 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook ground beef until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- With slotted spoon, remove beef to bowl. In drippings remaining in saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic until tender-crisp.
- Add beef broth, carrots, green beans, stewed tomatoes, basil and ground beef; over high heat, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked egg noodles.
Adding additional vegetables, such as corn, can be really tasty!
More About Green Beans
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent. Avoid green beans that feel too soft. One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days. Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop, microwave them or add them directly to soups, stews, stir fries, and other recipes.
You Might Also Like
Barley and Lentil Soup
Lentils add a filling, lean protein to this tasty, warming soup. Consider making extra to store in the fridge for up to 4 days. You may need to add extra liquid when you reheat.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Shallots
This easy side dish combines the natural sweetness of caramelized shallots with the earthiness of Brussels sprouts, a fall favorite.