- 4 large bananas
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 5 Tablespoons whole wheat flour, divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Peel and slice bananas in half lengthwise.
3. Rinse berries and pat dry.
4. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place the banana halves flat side down in the baking dish.
5. Toss berries with 1 Tablespoon flour. Sprinkle berries over the bananas.
6. In a medium bowl, add 4 Tablespoons flour, oats, sugar, and spices. Stir to blend.
7. Cut cold butter into little pieces. Add to bowl. Using your fingers, quickly blend the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
8. Spread the crumbly mixture over the fruit in an even layer. Press down slightly.
9. Bake about 10-15 minutes, or until the crumble is firm and golden in color.
10. While crumble bakes, stir together yogurt and honey in a small bowl to create a lighter version of whipped cream.
11. When crumble is done, spoon 1 Tablespoon of the yogurt and honey topping over each serving.
When berries are not in season, use frozen berries. Before adding, bring berries to room temperature and drain off any liquid. Use reserved berry liquid to flavor sparkling water or club soda for a naturally sweet, low calorie drink. If using whole strawberries, cut in half or slice before using.
How to Select
How to Store
How to Prepare
You Might Also Like
This healthy casserole is a great week day dinner that is sure to satisfy! It requires only a few ingredients but includes a variety of vegetables and a serving of whole grains.
Garlic Scapes Pesto
Try this delicious recipe using garlic scapes available at your local farmers market!