Source: Choose My Plate
Serving size: 1 slice
Servings per recipe: 12 servings
Easy preparation, enjoy eating this with your favorite cup of tea.View Nutrition Facts
3 banana (large, well-ripened)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel the bananas. Put them in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Add the egg, oil, milk, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well with the fork.
4. Slowly stir the flour into the banana mixture. Stir for 20 seconds until the flour is moistened.
5. Lightly grease the bread pan with a little oil -OR- cooking spray -OR- line it with wax paper.
6. Pour the batter into the bread pan.
7. Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
8. Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan
The key to good banana bread is to use well-ripened bananas that are covered with brown speckles. Try using half whole wheat flour to add some fiber. Add nuts if desired.
How to Select
How to Store
How to Prepare
You Might Also Like
Fall Favorite Lentil Stew
Try this delicious stew with a dollop of plain fat-free regular or Greek yogurt. This recipe will warm you up on a chilly evening!
Southwestern Stuffed Potatoes
These kid-friendly stuffed potatoes are easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser!