Baked Fish with Creole Sauce
Servings per recipe: Yields about 4 servings
A very simple, yet delicious sauce tops this baked fish.
1 pound fresh or frozen, unbreaded fish fillets
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Thaw fish in refrigerator
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
3. Arrange fish in a single layer in a baking dish
4. Top fish with onion and pepper slices
5. In a separate bowl, mix tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper.
6. Pour tomato sauce mixture over fish and vegetables.
7. Cover dish and bake until fish flakes easily with fork (20-30 minutes).
8. Refrigerate leftovers.
More About Bell Peppers
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin. Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days. To freeze, remove seeds, cut, and store in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauteed. Add them to pizzas, scrambled eggs or salads. Stuff and bake them for a delicious meal!
You Might Also Like
Chilled Blueberry Soup
This refreshing and beautiful quick, summer soup features a blend of blueberries, apple juice, and low-fat yogurt, and is garnished with fresh mint leaves.