Baked Cauliflower Tots
Source: Modified from Food Hero
Serving size: 5 tots
Servings per recipe: 3
Kids enjoy making these delicious tots. Serve them as a snack, side dish or appetizer.View Nutrition Facts
2 cups grated cauliflower (about half a medium head)
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tbsp diced red or green pepper
1 clove garlic, mashed
1 Tbsp mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet or line with parchment paper or foil.
2. Grate cauliflower on large holes of a grater.
3. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg, flour, cheese, and salt; mix well.
4. Press mixture together to make about 15 small balls or logs; Place on the baking sheet with space between each ball or log.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. For extra crispy tots, broil for an extra 2 minutes. Watch closely to avoid burning.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
To make these cauliflower tots spicier, add 1 clove mashed garlic, and 1 Tablespoon mustard.
To add color to this recipe, add a couple of Tablespoons of diced red or green peppers.
These tots taste best, right out of the oven.
More About Cauliflower
How to Select
Choose cauliflower with compact, creamy white curds and bright green, firmly attached leaves. Avoid brown spots or loose sections that are spread out.
How to Store
Refrigerate cauliflower in a plastic bag up to 5 days.
How to Prepare
Trim off brown spots. Rinse with cold water. Remove leaves. Turn upside down, cut stem where florets are joined and separate. Add to salads, or have as a snack with dip. Add to casseroles, egg dishes, soups, stews, and pasta dishes.