Source: What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
Serving size: 8 servings
Simply, a healthy dinner dish for a busy night.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 cups yellow summer squash, diced
- 3 cups lima beans, frozen
- 3 cups corn kernels, frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, coarsely chopped
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add oil.
2. Add onion; cook until translucent (2 minutes). Add garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, lima beans, and corn.
3. Season as desired; cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender (10 minutes). Stir in sage and serve.
More About Zucchini
How to Select
Look for zucchini with a slightly prickly, but shiny skin. The skin should be firm and free of cuts and bruises.
How to Store
Store zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Do not wash it until you are ready to use it. Cooked zucchini can be stored in the refrigerator as well, but should be used with in 2 days.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim tops and bottoms. Add to salads, or have as a snack with dip. Steam, microwave or boil until tender, bake, roast, stir-fry, or sauté. Add to pasta and rice dishes, soups and stews, and casseroles.
You Might Also Like
White Chicken Chili
This recipe will be a hit with your family; it's got enough spice for flavor, but not so much that it turns off the younger kids.