Source: University of Minnesota Extension
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
Zest up oatmeal with a mix of healthy fall flavors and spices for a delicious, nutritious harvest breakfast!View Nutrition Facts
1/4 cup honey (or brown sugar)
Chopped nuts, optional
1. In medium saucepan, bring water, powdered milk, and spice to a boil; stir in oats.
2. Boil then reduce heat to medium.
3. Occasionally stir and cook until most liquid is absorbed (5 for regular oats, 1 minute for quick oats).
4. Stir in pumpkins, apple, and honey; cook for 1 minute.
5. If desired, top with nuts.
More About Apples
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong-odored foods. Use within 3 weeks.
How to Prepare
Rinse the apples with water. You may scrub them with a produce brush. To peel, use a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Cut away the core and seeds, stem, and ends, then slice each quarter as desired.