Source: University of Minnesota Extension
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
Zest up oatmeal with a mix of healthy fall flavors and spices for a delicious, nutritious harvest breakfast!View Nutrition Facts
1/4 cup honey (or brown sugar)
Chopped nuts, optional
1. In medium saucepan, bring water, powdered milk, and spice to a boil; stir in oats.
2. Boil then reduce heat to medium.
3. Occasionally stir and cook until most liquid is absorbed (5 for regular oats, 1 minute for quick oats).
4. Stir in pumpkins, apple, and honey; cook for 1 minute.
5. If desired, top with nuts.
More About Apples
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong-odored foods. Use within 3 weeks.
How to Prepare
Rinse the apples with water. You may scrub them with a produce brush. To peel, use a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Cut away the core and seeds, stem, and ends, then slice each quarter as desired.
You Might Also Like
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Winter squash brings great flavor to this healthier version of homemade mac and cheese!
Winter Squash and Black Bean Chili
This is a delicious healthy and hearty low cost chili. It will warm you up on a cool fall evening!