1/4 cup honey (or brown sugar)
Chopped nuts, optional
1. In medium saucepan, bring water, powdered milk, and spice to a boil; stir in oats.
2. Boil then reduce heat to medium.
3. Occasionally stir and cook until most liquid is absorbed (5 for regular oats, 1 minute for quick oats).
4. Stir in pumpkins, apple, and honey; cook for 1 minute.
5. If desired, top with nuts.
More About Apples
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong-odored foods. Use within 3 weeks.
How to Prepare
Rinse the apples with water. You may scrub them with a produce brush. To peel, use a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Cut away the core and seeds, stem, and ends, then slice each quarter as desired.
You Might Also Like
Bell Pepper Salad
An array of assorted bell peppers makes for a delicious and healthy side dish, snack or meal!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Shallots
This easy side dish combines the natural sweetness of caramelized shallots with the earthiness of Brussels sprouts, a fall favorite.