3 cups asparagus, washed and trimmed
1 garlic large clove, minced
2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1.Steam or boil the asparagus in water until tender, about four minutes. Drain.
2. Melt margarine in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add lemon peel and garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add asparagus to skillet, sprinkle with lemon juice, and toss to coat.
5. Sauté until asparagus is heated through and coated with Gremolata sauce, about 2 minutes.
6. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot or warm.
Total Cost: $5.08, Serving Cost: $0.85
More About Asparagus
How to Select
Asparagus comes in different colors such as green, white and purple. Asparagus spears should be bright green, firm and straight. It is important to buy stalks that with tight, compact and pointed tips.
How to Store
When storing, trim tough ends and place asparagus upright in a dish with an inch of cool water. Fresh asparagus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
How to Prepare
The entire stalk can be eaten and is usually grilled, roasted, steamed or eaten raw. Thin stalks are great for steaming or microwaving and eating raw. Medium stalks are typically used for stir-fries, oven-roasting and grilling. Large spears are used for dipping, grilling and soups.
You Might Also Like
Pumpkin and White Bean Soup
This delicious and easy to cook soup is is high in fiber, vitamin A and protein.
This nutritious soup is a great way to add in some seasonal vegetables while also getting some delicious whole grains!