- 1 large apple
- 2 medium, ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
1. Rinse and cut apple in half, lengthwise. Remove any stems. Cut out center core that contains the seeds. Do not peel.
2. Lay apple halves flat side down. Cut into ¼-inch thick slices. Cut slices into small cubes.
3. Peel bananas. In a medium bowl, use your fingers to break bananas into pieces. Use your fingers or a fork to mash pieces until creamy and smooth.
4. Add peanut butter to mashed banana. Stir well to blend.
5. Spread peanut butter mixture over one side of each tortilla.
6. Sprinkle diced apple over peanut butter. Tightly roll each tortilla. Cut each wrap in half.
7. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve, up to 24 hours.
More About Apples
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong-odored foods. Use within 3 weeks.
How to Prepare
Rinse the apples with water. You may scrub them with a produce brush. To peel, use a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Cut away the core and seeds, stem, and ends, then slice each quarter as desired.
You Might Also Like
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
Sweet potatoes add a colorful, nutrient-rich topping to a classic favorite.