- 10 cups chopped leaf lettuce
- 2 apples (small, sliced)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup green onions (sliced)
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Blue cheese, optional
- Toss lettuce, apples, raisins, walnuts and onions in large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss gently. Top with optional cheese. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Try dried cranberries instead of raisins.
More About Leaf Lettuce
How to Select
Choose lettuce with crisp leaves. Avoid brown edges.
How to Store
After purchase, rinse well and dry with paper towels. Refrigerate leaf lettuce in plastic bag up to 1 week.
How to Prepare
Enjoy on its own as a part of salads or even cooked.
You Might Also Like
Oven Roasted Potatoes
These yummy potatoes are a great addition to any protein dish and a good way to get in your grains for the day!
Cheesy Bean Dip
This flavorful dip was developed by students from Holt High School, as part of the "Recipes for Healthy Kids Challenge." Serve it with vegetables sticks or whole wheat pita wedges.