- 10 cups chopped leaf lettuce
- 2 apples (small, sliced)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup green onions (sliced)
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Blue cheese, optional
- Toss lettuce, apples, raisins, walnuts and onions in large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss gently. Top with optional cheese. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Try dried cranberries instead of raisins.
More About Leaf Lettuce
How to Select
Choose lettuce with crisp leaves. Avoid brown edges.
How to Store
After purchase, rinse well and dry with paper towels. Refrigerate leaf lettuce in plastic bag up to 1 week.
How to Prepare
Enjoy on its own as a part of salads or even cooked.
You Might Also Like
Boiled Chinese Dumplings
Boiled Chinese dumplings are delicious and fun to make. If you're feeling adventurous, try a dumpling making party--your kids will love it! These dumplings are traditionally served for the Chinese New Year.