5-Minute Brussels Sprouts
Source: Just Say Yes
Serving size: 1 portion
Servings per recipe: 4 portions
Make these quick and tasty sprouts anytime!View Nutrition Facts
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in quarters
- Place Brussels sprouts and 1/2 cup water into a medium pot.
- Cover the pot and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the oil, lemon juice and garlic to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
More About Brussels Sprouts
How to Select
Choose firm, compact, bright green brussels sprouts heads. Buy on stalk when possible.
How to Store
Refrigerate brussels sprouts in a plastic bag with some air holes up to 1 week. Freeze: Blanch, cool, and freeze in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Cut round sprouts from stems. Trim off yellow outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Boil, microwave, or steam until tender. Bake, sauté, or braise. Add to soups, stews, and casseroles. Toss with pasta, garlic and oil. Good served with butter, salt and pepper, with grated cheese, or with lemon juice and almond slivers.